Farmer-to-Farmer Corn and Forage Website
Links WI Buyers and Sellers
The Farmer to Farmer Corn and Forage Website is an electronic neighborhood bulletin board which allows local farmers to get in touch with one another. The website facilitates the local marketing of feed commodities where livestock producers in need of high moisture corn, corn silage, hay, or straw can easily make contact with sellers that have feed commodities for sale. . The site developed and supported by UW-Extension can be found at. http://farmertofarmer.uwex.edu.
The Farmer to Farmer Corn and Forage List is free of charge for both buyers and sellers. Users can search for, or list for sale, high moisture corn, corn grain, haylage, hay or straw. Buyers can search for farmers in just one Wisconsin county or in any number of counties at once.
“This site has been an excellent way for buyers and sellers to get in-touch locally”, says Mike Ballweg, UW-Extension Crops & Soils Agent in Sheboygan County. Neighbors often within short distances have been able to buy and sell as a result of the website. Buyers can locate feed for their animals easily. Sellers can find buyers and save money in grain drying and marketing costs if they choose to sell their corn crop as high moisture corn or silage.
People who wish to use this service but do not have access to the Internet can get access and assistance at their county UW-Extension office. For more information please contact: Mike Ballweg, Sheboygan County UW-Extension Crops and Soils Agent at (920) 459-5904.
- Wisconsin Team Forage Home Page
- University of Wisconsin Forage Research
- Dairy Forage Research Center
- Hay Exchange – Hay for Sale
- Polk County Hay List (List of Polk County hay sellers and/or buyers – free of charge)
- Farmer to Farm Corn and Forage List
- Hay Market Report
- UW Soybean Research and Extension Program
- Wisconsin Soybean Association
- Cool Beans – UW Extension Soybean and Small Grains
- UW Soybean Health Website