“Helping Communities Manage Challenges and Opportunities”
Community, Natural Resource and Economic Development, also known as CNRED, protects our state’s resources and facilitates community/economic development in Wisconsin communities committed to positive change.
CNRED Programs provided include:
- Leadership Training
- Business Development/ Start-up assistance
- Applied research
- Strategic planning
- Land-Use Education
- Facilitation Services
- Non-Profit Assistance
- Community Resources
- St. Croix River Basin/ Watershed - Please contact John Haack for more information on this topic, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Economic Development Preparedness Index
The Community Economic Development Preparedness Index examines perceptions of activities and conditions in the community, over which individuals may or may not have some level of control. The compiled responses provide a reflection of a community’s readiness to:
- retain existing businesses and income
- attract new businesses, residents, and income within the community
- expand small businesses and income within the community.
As economic development strategies have become more sophisticated, the number of factors that contribute to a community’s level of preparedness has grown. This means the process of completing a preparedness index as a site-based activity has become more tedious. The new web-based tool allows for the collection of input from anyone in the community and the analysis of data prior to community action planning.
Bob Kazmierski, CNRED Agent 100 Polk County Plaza, Suite 190 Balsam Lake, WI 54810 email@example.com (715)485-8600