A class for parents in the process of divorce, never married, separated, or already divorced.
You Must Pre-Register: NO WALK-INS.
The economic and emotional costs of marriage and divorce are significant not only for those individuals but the society that supports them. Researchers have found that children who experience divorce and separation are often more susceptible to developing emotional and behavioral difficulties than children who do not. A four hour course is mandated by Polk County Circuit Court Judges for all parents with minor children, with the objective of minimizing parental conflict while keeping the children out of the middle of parental issues.
How do these classes help divorcing/separating families?
- The single best predictor of child well-being is continuing, meaningful involvement with both parents.
- Children cope well when parents cope well.
- Children do best when they are not caught in the middle.
These classes help you help your children!
The two classes are 2 hours each in length (4 hours total) , help you (the parent) meet the needs of your children.
Sessions will focus on:
- Guidelines for Cooperative Parenting
- Creating a Parenting Plan
- Stress and Communication
- Managing Conflict
- Are you making your divorce more destructive than it has to be?
- Communication Stoppers and Enhancers.
- Easing the effects of divorce/separation on children.
- Manging conflict while co-parenting.
- No longer together, BUT parents forever.
Attending together? Attending separately?
Some couples choose to attend the program together. Others gain the most by attending separately. If you have concerns about this, talk with the other parent and/or call or e-mail Gail at (715)485-8600 / email@example.com
2017 CLASS SCHEDULE
(subject to change, based upon number registered)
Classes will be held at the Polk County Government Center
Conference Room A (main floor) Balsam Lake, WI
(ATTENDENCE TO BOTH DAYS IS REQUIRED)
Mondays, January 23, AND 30, 2017 ; 11:00am – 1:00pm OR 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Tuesdays, March 28 AND April 11, 2017; 3:30pm – 5:30pm OR 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Thursdays, June 8 AND 15, 2017; 11:00am – 1:00pm OR 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Wednesdays, July 12 AND 19, 2017; 3:30pm – 5:30pm OR 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Tuesdays, August 22 AND 29, 2017; 11:00am – 1:00pm OR 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Mondays, Oct. 30 AND Nov. 6, 2017; 11:00am – 1:00pm OR 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Any questions call or e-mail Gail: (715)485-8600 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Click No Longer Together but Parents Forever Registration 2017– writeable PDF. A registration form must be filled out and sent along with payment of $30 for EACH parent participating. Sign up early as classes (especially evenings) fill up early. These classes can be full as early as one month prior to the first class. You can use the registration form above or the brochure provided to you by the court in your packet, but be sure to get the form and payment in early as it is a first come first served basis. Payment must be made with form to reserve your spot in the class.