Are you parent of a pre-teen or are you a teen parent?
The University of Wisconsin – Extension and Cooperative Extension have developed a new website and program to help parents of tweens and teenage parents. This website has online parenting tools for parents of tweens and teenage parents. The sight is called “Parenthetical” . This is a free site and is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The website features weekly posts about parenting hot topics that are meant to start conversations among users on the site. Many parents can benefit from sharing strategies and are given an opportunity to process their feelings and information.
The Parenthetical website combines the functions of a blog, an informational website and a social network all in one.
A team of family educators from UW-Madison/UW-Extension will facilitate the site.
For more information or to join the online parenting community visit “Parenthetical” .
- Over Indulging Your Teen
- Mindful Parenting
- Straight from the Teacher’s Mouth: Supporting kids learning
- SEX: The Topic Nobody Wants to Talk About (But Everybody Should)
- Breaking the Cycle: 8 Strategies for Dealing with Conflict with Your Young Teen
- Parent Policing: Helping your Teen Stay Safe Online
- Summer Choices for Teen
- Achieving Summer Goals
- Supporting Speaking Up!
- Table Talk with Teens and Preteens
- Preparing for Prom
- Bullying – What can parents do?
- Fighting the fair fight with your teen!
- Getting Teens Ready to go back to School
- Teenage Citizens
- Safety tips for Teens playing Pokémon Go
- Never too soon to start saving for College
- Why Fathers Matter
- Winning the Rat Race: Why is parental self-care important?
- Setting the stage for teens’ healthy media use
- What does parental self-care look like? 50 ideas for caring for yourself as a parent
- Deodorizing: Strategies for Dealing with Youth Body Odor
- Parenting Procrastinators
- How much is TOO much? Overindulging