The 2019 Youth Quality Meats Program/YQCA “Youth for the Quality Care of Animals”.
Please stay tuned as all of the information will be shared here as it becomes available.
This page will continuously be updated with information as it becomes available to us.
Section #1 – Sheep and Goats weigh-in
For 2018 and forward, spring Weigh-In will be the 4th Saturday in April
Section #2 – Paperwork
Section #3 – 2018 Dates
Section #4 – Educational Activities
Youth wishing to participate in the 2019 Polk County Quality Meats Program must meet all the program requirements:
- Quality Meats Requirements
- Complete YQCA “Youth for the Quality Care of Animals” online classroom training. Club organizational leaders and co-leaders have more information on YQCA.
- Attend a Polk County Quality Meats Kick-Off Meeting
- Attend an educational event or sessions
2018 YQCA – Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (Formerly MAQA)
- ALL Quality Meats Exhibitors must bring their printed certificate to paperwork check-in Wednesday at the Fair in the livestock show barn office. check-in concludes at 6pm.
- Required on-line course go to yqca.org and follow directions to register and take course – cost is $12.
- Classroom training is available at a cost of $3 at various locations in other counties. Register for these classroom courses at www.yqca.org .
- Questions can be directed to your species chair or vice chair.
- Instructions on Getting Your YQCA WebBased Certification
The Polk County Quality Meats kick-off meeting will be announced in the Clover Connection, your email as well as on this website so stay tuned for this announcement comin in March.
Section #5 – Fair Updates
Section #6 – Other Resources
Section #7 – Swine Exhibitors
UW Extension Youth Livestock (Bernie O’Rourke’s page)
Wisconsin Sheap Shearers (Updated May 2018)